How To Dial-Up Internet Access Connections (Windows)
right before you leave for any business trip, consider the chance to got wind of dial-up internet access connections on your private laptop for our locations you may be staying. having dial-up internet access is most certainly nice profit when broadband or wi-fi isn't offered. whereas slower than alternative ways, a dial-up connection is higher than no connection whereas inside the road.
|How To Dial-Up Internet Access Connections (Windows)|
To Dial-Up Internet Access Connections Windows:
- Click Start then Connect To and then Show All Connections.
- Select Create a New Connection.
- The New Connection Wizard begins and then click Next.
- Select Connect to the Internet and then Next.
- You will view a list of Network Connection Type options. Select Connect to the Internet then click Next.
- Select which method of connecting to the Internet - normally you will select Set up my connection manually. Click Next and then select Connect using a dial-up modem.
- Enter the name of your ISP and then click Next.
- Enter the dial-up access number and then click Next.
- Enter your User name and password as provided by your ISP.
- De-select Use this account name and password when anyone connects to the Internet from this Computer.
- De-select Make this the default Internet connection.
- Click Next then click Finish.
- Create a list of available dial-up Internet access numbers for the locations you will be traveling to. Save these on your laptop or on an external storage device.
- Create multiple connections for different locations by copying the original in the Network Connections folder and rename each for the location and then modify the connection settings.
What You Need
- ISP provider who offers dial-up Internet access.
- Listing of available dial-up Internet access numbers.
- User name and password.